From Our 2012 Trip:
- Conservation International: Forests and Carbon in Madagascar – CI video on the country
- Entering Madagascar – Our first trip, in 2012. Initial impressions (photos)
- Preview: Wildlife of Madagascar – A few photos, as a teaser.
- Madagascar on 12.12.12 part I: the Lemurs – My entry to a crowdsourced video.
- Madagascar on 12.12.12 part II: the Snake – Another entry to a crowdsourced video. Snake eats frog…
- Underwater Videography: Things I’ve Learned – Snorkeling at Ile Ste. Marie
- The Right Music for a Video. But not Quite – Chameleons and other critters (video)
- Exploring Madagascar’s Jungle at Night – night scenes (video)
- How do Tortoises “Get it On”? – Endangered radiated tortoises make sweet, sweet love.
- Film Review: The Himbas are Shooting! – Film about these people from north Namibia.
- And We’re Off – to Madagascar! – Retrospective from our first visit, as we prepare to move to Antananarivo.
Living in Madagascar 2016-2019:
Travels in Madagascar: In and Around Ampefy – Just a few hours west of Antananarivo
- First Photowalk in Tana – Getting to know our new home (photos)
- Getting Lost in Antananarivo, Just a Mile from Home – Our new neighborhood.
- Scenes from a Moving Car: Antananarivo Commute!
- Children of the Street: Anjezika – Working with Teach for Madagascar
- Children of the Street: Ampefiloha – Working with Teach for Madagascar
- Love Your Neighbor – Meeting a group helping the less fortunate.
- Children of the Street: Ambohijatovo – Working with Teach for Madagascar
- Children of the Street: Ankorondrano – Working with Teach for Madagascar
- Heartbreaking – An Experience in Antananarivo
- Merry-Go-Round, Madagascar Style
- Anjezika, Antananarivo’s “Waterworld” – Photo impressions.
- DJI Mavic Pro – First Flight! Antananarivo. – Daddy gets a new drone.
- Monsoons in Madagascar: A Blessing and a Curse – Photos after the rains.
- “Pushing” film: Ilford Delta 3200 – I include it because it shows interesting images.
- Antananarivo’s New Road – Flyover.
- Favorite Film, Favorite Camera – Antananarivo with a Nikon F100 and TMax 400.
- My Entries in the #ShittyCameraChallenge – Pretty lame photos of Antananarivo.
- Madagascar’s Mantadia National Park: the Lemurs – We return.
- Madagascar: Paying Attention to the Little Things – Bugs and Stuff at Mantadia.
Andringitra National Park and Anja Community Reserve:
- Andringitra Park in Madagascar: Sheer Cliffs and Ringtails – Climbing “Le Cameleon” and spotting ringtail lemurs at Anja.
Diego Suarez / Antsiranana:
- Soaring over Kitesurfing Country – Droning over north Madagascar; Mantasaly Resort.
Ile Ste. Marie:
- Whale Watching in Ile Ste. Marie – Drone footage and film photography of humpback whales
- Mahajanga, Madagascar: Antsanitia Resort – View from the Sky – Seaside resort on the western coast. Includes fun aerial video.
- Testing Silberra’s New Film – b/w shots from the streets of Mahajunga. And Comoros.
- Madagascar’s Majestic Baobabs – Incredible trees. Includes a video fly-by.
- Trip to Nosy Be – A tourist-friendly island northwest of Madagascar. Nature and videos of underwater life, and stunning sunset drone video.
- The Strangest Animal You’ve (Probably Never) Seen! – Video of the elusive aye-aye.
- Madagascar: Solar Eclipse at the Pangalanes Canal – We came for an eclipse, but saw a whole lot more! Includes videos and photos.
Saha Forest Camp:
- Madagascar’s Saha Forest Camp: An (Eco)Sperience! – Photos and video of nature.
- Madagascar’s Saha Forest Camp: An (Eco)sperience Part 2 – more nature, village life.
Tsingy de Bemaraha:
- Madagascar: Visiting the Tsingy de Bemaraha (Part 1) – “stone forest” of razor-sharp limestone karst.
- Madagascar: Visiting the Tsingy de Bemaraha (Part 2)
- (Re)introducing Madagascar: Golden Hour in a Roadside Village
- Barefoot in the Malagasy Jungle: the Making of Onja’s Crowdfunding Video (part 1) – Inland from the coastal town of Mahanoro.
- Barefoot in the Malagasy Jungle: the Making of Onja’s Crowdfunding Video (part 2)
- Barefoot in the Malagasy Jungle: the Making of Onja’s Crowdfunding Video (part 3)
- When Madagascar Played Host to NASA – Explains a large satellite dish near Antananarivo. Or does it?